Monday, June 05, 2006

No Longer A Student, Not Yet Employed

On my final week of placement (I will talk about my 6-week placement in a separate entry), I was asked by various people I worked with: Aren’t you excited? You’d graduate in a week! Are you looking forward to it?

My answer, without fail, would be something like: Yes! Can’t wait!

The true answer, of course, is not as simple.

Yes, I can’t wait…

1) To start work – to finally enter the world of “adults” as a qualified Occupational Therapist after standing on the fringe of that world as I had for the past 4 years as an “Occupational Therapy Student”. I enjoyed my 4 years as a student and now I’ve the whole of my career to look forward to. This extra year has definitely done me good. The first 3 years equipped me with the necessary knowledge and skills. My final year did not increase my knowledge significantly but it sure gave me more time to practice my skills, improve my confidence as a therapist and prepare me mentally and emotionally that I can handle the responsibility of providing quality rehabilitation to patients of various age and circumstances.

2) To start earning money – self-explanatory.

3) To explore the boundaries of opportunities – related to deciding where I’ll work.

------------------------------

Today’s the first day of doing nothing, incidentally. I’ve finished the academic and practical part of Uni and it does feel a bit strange to sit at home without the pressures of having to churn out an essay, or study for an exam or to be away from work after the past 6 weeks. I’m not sure, but I think I’m officially unemployed.

Restless…

Waiting for my results to be announced.

Tomorrow.

Most people would be wondering what their results will be.

I am wondering instead which genius decided that it's a good idea to announce results on 06/06/06.

Because that day provides an excellent justification for bad results...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»