Saturday, March 25, 2006

I Live With LOONS!!!

I was really excited that day!

I managed to lay my hands on some CHILLI PADI.

So I decided to have a (really healthy) stir-fry for lunch.

Look at the pretty colours!

Shame the chilli padi was green and not red.

Would have added yet another bright colour.

But like most days in this flat

the people I live with will not rest

until they've created some excitement for themselves.

*notice how deftly I've dissociated myself from them. The reason will be obvious in a bit.*



3 of us were in the kitchen.

I was the only one cooking lunch.

The other 2 were thinking about cooking (versus can-opening).

When all of a sudden, a notice popped up outside our kitchen window.

Communication à la primatives

Primatives = guys from downstairs

The notice from downstairs read

SOS

Food cans and toilet roll donations

urgently required!



You have to be really heartless not to respond to an appeal like that!

I mean...

There I was cooking...

and 2 of my flatmates were thinking of what to cook

and there were people starving downstairs...

and toilet-roll-less.


On hindsight, I'm now thinking.

no food = no waste.

Need toilet roll for WHAT?!


Ok, but at that moment, no time for such thoughts.

The 3 of us responded immediately with an equally primitive notice.

Elli went to get a broom.

Steph went to get paper, tape and ruler.

I was cooking, remember?

So I could only contribute the reply

ASDA IS OPEN 24/7!

*Asda = local supermarket*



Pictures of Stephanie "delivering" the message.

Hanging out of the window...

Notice the chopping board next to her?

Yes, that's evidence that I was indeed in the process of cooking.

My participation in this cranky incident was purely verbal.

Hence, I do not qualify as a loon.

Unlike the rest.

Afternote:

Spoke to Gordon on Skype later on in the day.

Turned out they didn't starve to death after all.

We were all not impressed by Gordon's nick though-

"NoCompassionfortheSufferersDownstairs"

No comments: