Sunday, March 26, 2006

Months of Planning...

... and the day is finally here!

The last 2 weeks were especially intense.

Trying to complete a 5500 word essay in 2 weeks,

when it took me 2 months to write just the introduction.

"Trying to complete..." because

it's still not completed.

1000 words more.

This whole word count thing is driving me mad...

From word 1 to word 3500,

I kindda check the word count every 10minutes or so

and then wince as I see that the essay's only

longer by 5 words or so.

And then from word 3501 to the end,

I kindda check the word count every 10minutes or so

and then go "oh sh*t! I'm going to exceed my word limit!"

Word counts are really time consuming and pointless...

I used to give a random word count at the end of my essays.

If it's a 3000 word essay, I'll write something like 2948.

If it's a 2000 word essay, it will be something like 1968.

Never exceeding the word limit, but never more than 100words short.

And always ending with an "8".

Because I'm superstitious.


Anyway...

2 weeks of intense planning all for the next 2 weeks.

Aberdeen

Glasgow

Aberdeen

Edinburgh

Newcastle & Durham

London

Brighton

London

and finally back to Aberdeen.

Bus tickets have been booked!

Accomodation have been arranged,

except in London and Brighton,

and in 12 hours time, I'll be at the airport.

To pick up my travel companion.

Although it would be more technically right to say that

I am her travel companion.

*excited*

No comments: