Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm Asian, But...

Following my previous post, I remembered a conversation I had with someone while waiting for the lift at the hostel in Glasgow.

Man (from can't-remember-where): Hi, are you from China?

Me: *trying very hard to stop myself from rolling my eyes* No.

Man: Oh, where are you from then?

Me: Singapore *wan smile*

Man: Oh ok, I thought you were from China. Are you here alone?

Me: Nono... I'm here with friends.

Man: I see... I really like the Asian eyes. You know, slitty eyes? *tugs at the corner of his eyes*

Thankfully, the lift chose to come at that moment and fortunately he was going downstairs while I needed to go upstairs. God only knows where the conversation was proceeding...

I'm Asian, but I really don't think I've got slitty eyes.

Nor do I think it's a compliment to say I've got slitty eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»