Saturday, April 15, 2006

Taking A Break From Blogging About My Break

Loading up all those photos of my 2-week break was starting to grate on my nerves, especially after my internet connection failed at the critical moment when I was trying to publish the post yesterday.

I was pretty sure the computer sniggered while it gleefully told me that there was no connection detected and when I clicked on "back", I was greeted with a b-l-a-n-k post. With that one operation, it managed to effectively convey the message that it didn't give two hoots that I spent 2 hours lovingly conceptualizing, writing and then formatting the entry.

I am convinced my computer hates me but I would like to officially state for the record (if someone is indeed recording) that the feeling is mutual. The fact that it is still working today attests my non-violent nature.


So I'm taking a break from blogging about my holiday.


This entry is targetted at fellow OTs...


I often think it would be nice to read unedited/uncensored/un-peer-reviewed OT's opinions and experiences so it was nice to discover a blog just like that! It's one that's written by an OT in the States and as far as I can tell, his entries are mainly related to 2 areas: paediatrics and occupational science.

I'm not particularly big on either paediatrics or occupational science but I like it that he shares vignettes and his opinion on certain topics (references included for some entries). He also includes clinical case studies which is great for me because I'm fascinated with the idea of gaining insight into someone else's clinical reasoning.

It's exactly the kind of entries I want to be writing (although not all the time for the entire blog) when I get some time on my hands i.e when I finally leave all these essays and deadlines behind... But until then, I'm perfectly happy reading someone else's take on the current issues in OT.

** One last utterly pointless observation: His blog template is exactly the same as mine except that mine is pink and his is blue. Like... Wow!

2 comments:

Chiu Weng said...

Well, if you really wanna play safe, you can always type it in MS Word or something, then cut-n-paste over :D

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»