Monday, July 17, 2006

Loch Lomond

This post-student pre-employment period has finally been put to good use.

Went on a day trip with Elli recently to see Loch Lomond,

the largest expense of fresh water in Britain,
(wait wait, before you ask me why I travelled so far just to see a reservoir!)

incredibly rich in history,

and where the magnificent landscape has fired the imagination

of writers and artists for centuries.




Apparently, it is claimed that Loch Lomond is the world's most famous Loch.
(I'm a bit skeptical because I thought Loch Ness, the Loch with THE Monster, is more famous)




Regardless, here are some photos

- which incidentally does not do justice to the beauty of the Loch -

Shame about the weather.




It was a very very very cloudy day

hence we couldn't see the top of the mountain, Ben Lomond.

Still, the serenity of the loch is overwhelming.








Time loses meaning here.

I felt I could possibly sit there forever

and watch the world swans and ducks go by...





A little less serene part of the Loch with the kids

having some summer fun...

Such a beautiful place, don't you think?



I'm terribly dissatisfied with how gloomy my photos turned out.

And yes, I do blame the weather.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't see Loch Lomond at its best.

For super beautiful (postcard-worthy) pictures

that are professionally taken,


here's the link again - Loch Lomond.net

No comments: