Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Bedtime musings...

Following my previous post, here's an update on my sprained ankle... I basically didn't do what I know I should do... which was R.I.C.E - Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. Instead I hobbled around for the 2-3 hours immediately after my injury doing things like preparing dinner. Very bad. Very very bad. My ankle became sufficiently uncomfortable for me to ask my flatmate if she had a crepe bandage because she's from GUIDES and if anybody else had a bandage in the flat, it might be her but nah...no luck. This is why you should ALWAYS follow FIRST AID guidelines so you avoid unnecessary discomfort...

In the end, Mum and I had to take a bus (because there was no way I was going to be able to hobble down the hill) to the supermarket to look for a damn bandage and unfortunately, the supermarket just didn't stock it! What I got there instead was a tube of Deep Heat which I figured would be better than nothing. Passed by a petrol station on the way back and decided to pop in to try my luck... They didn't sell bandages either! The guy tried to sell me some band-aid instead, which was so not funny because my ankle was quite uncomfortable. By this time, I was really desperate so I just asked if they had a first aid kit there, hoping that there might be a crepe bandage there. I finally got lucky! Found something that vaguely resembled a crepe bandage and the nice guys there were kind enough to give it to me...


End result! Nice not?

So now I'm recovering nicely.. pain's subsiding and almost gone but I'll still have to be very very careful because it will take about 8 weeks to heal completely (kindly refer to a physiology textbook on wound healing for more information).

On another topic, I went to the "Freshers Fayre" (pronounced "fair") last week for first year uni students. There were booths promoting the uni's clubs and societies, insurance companies, banks, pubs and clubs etc... Came back with bagloads of freebies that they were giving away...

including that banana-shaped thingy...

Freebies unravelled!

And now it's time to introduce to you some of the more interesting items....

Highly impo(r)tant for the fun-loving ones

A teabag... in its most unpretentious form!


Mysterious cans...

I opened the big one already.. It's baked beans... any guesses for what's in the small can?


Least discriminatory gift.

EVERYBODY uses it right?!

And finally, I got several memberships...


CLUB memberships... Music (and drinks) anyone? *wide smile*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... eh... take care man... and of course, with the ermm.... "Highly impo(r)tant for the fun-loving ones"... =) GO SLOW ON IT MAN!