Friday, September 30, 2005

So Bizarre!

I helped my flatmate configure her settings for IE the other day so that she could surf the net on her laptop in the hostel. It wasn't hard. I was purely following the instructions given on the brochure. I did it for myself. So I just repeated the steps and did it for her. She nicknamed me "computer whiz".

Ha

Ha

Ha

Most people who know me would say that's a big fat joke because I am a computer idiot of humongous magnitude. I agree with that, by the way...

Well, last night, this girl from the flat upstairs came down to ask for help because she could not set up her IE. My flatmates gladly offered to lend me to her...

Fortunately, it wasn't too big a problem. She claimed she followed the instructions but when I checked, I saw that instead of putting "8080" in the port field, she put "8088". Problem identified, problem solved. Less than 2 minutes. Easy Peasy... I got a tiramisu cake as a reward because she was so grateful. Yippie!

I know some of you are now thinking I have such a big ego and I'm going to boast. But no, that's not what I'm going to do, so shut up and read on. It was not intelligence coming into the picture here. It was an issue of nationality.

Simply put...

Singaporeans are just damn good at following instructions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mae...! wanted to ask u earlier.. but PSSttt -what the HEY happened to yr ankle??? :O :O


-jase ;)

Minz said...

I sprained it! In my excitement to see the river (see my earlier post on "Murphy").. It is, after all, the river that Prince Charles goes fishing in when he visits Scotland...