Wednesday, February 22, 2006

12 Hours of My Life.

10pm (21 Feb): Made my way upstairs to the common room to watch a DVD with Mac. He wanted to watch this movie called "1900" and I have nothing planned for tonight anyway. I'm thinking that a movie is normally 1.5-2hrs and at the end of it (midnight), it would be a great time for me to go to bed so I can get up for 9am class tomorrow.

12midnight (22 Feb): Movie has not ended. Witty conversation in the movie keeps me interested. Plus it features lots of children and the amazing things they get up to in their innocence and naivity is quite funny. Plot is errm.... huh? Ok, it's a movie about war-time Italy in 1900 (how did you guess?) between the fascists and communists. If you're into that kindda thing, yeah, good show. Value for money.

3:30am (22 Feb): The show finally ends. FIVE AND A HALF HOURS! What did I say about value for money?

4:00am (22 Feb): Zzz...

8:00am (22 Feb): Crawled out of bed. Washed up. Had breakfast.

8:45am (22 Feb): Put on shoes! And still have got 15mins before class starts (it takes 8mins from my room to my lecture hall in case you're wondering). Decided to check my university e-mail.

8:50am (22 Feb): %^&$#! Lecture has been postphoned to another day! That means there's NO class today. One thing I really hate is getting up for absolutely no reason. I can get up at 7am if I have an early class. I can sleep till 2pm if there's nothing on for that day. The point is: there's gotta be SOMETHING to do right? There has to be a point in getting up, a purpose for crawling out of the warm cocoon under the blankets to step into this permanently air-conditioned-ish external environment. Feel cheated of sleep. Feel cheated into getting up early.

9:00am (22 Feb): Went online to complain to anybody else that was online about how I have not had classes since Monday. That's 3 days of complete self-study. I mean, how much can you possibly study about yourself right? Everybody thinks their character and personality has depth. Ah. Ok. Fine. But go over a certain point and it becomes narcissistic. And 3 days of self-study is kindda pushing that boundary.

9:50am (22 Feb): Talking to my mum. Very lively and animated discussion we were having. Suddenly, there is a black-out. Room becomes dark. Lap-top that's running on power gleefully dies while I'm staring in shock. Eh, why like that?! Turns out that the electricians are here to install motion-detecting spotlights for our safety. Much appreciated but hurry up can? I'm in the middle of the conversation with my mother. And my chicken in the freezer is defrosting.

No comments: