Friday, February 03, 2006

EXPLOSION!

The fire alarm went off last Monday.

Yes, again.

But this time it was for real.

There was an EXPLOSION!

In my flat, no less...

Turns out that Steph was charging her camera batteries

while she took a nap

when the batteries just exploded.

Scary not???

Julia, who was cooking her dinner at that time: "I thought it was my cooking that set off the alarm."

Nicola, who lives in the room directly above Steph: "I heard a very loud bang and I thought somebody dropped something. The next thing I heard was 'SH*T!' "

Steph: "I heard a loud bang and woke up to see a fireball shoot across the room. It was like special effects from the movies."

The damage?

Soot on the walls and ceiling where the "fireball" hit.



Carpet burns where bits of the battery landed.

This one is where the main part landed and made a real clear imprint on the carpet.



Burnt chair



Steph's bed.. where she was taking her nap at that time.

Good thing Steph was unhurt

except for a tiny blister on her finger.

------------------------------

I think I need less exciting friends.

No comments: