Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Photos See The Light Of Day

Finally uploading selected photos from November & December (yes, I know it's already LAST YEAR). Didn't take a lot of photos in Australia and there's one event in particular that I regret not having a photo of - the 3.5 feet eel-tailed catfish that bit into the hook at the end of the line I was holding onto. It eventually got away because we didn't have a net to scoop it up.


My fish was bigger...



Could have been me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back home, there weren't many photos either, although it was an insanely wild time packed with activities that were definitely legal (lunch, dinner, family-oriented events) and activities that were possibly illegal - no way else to explain an unpleasant run-in with an "officer of the law" (very unprofessional officer, may I add) who threatened to shoot us. Ok, it's actually much less exciting that it sounds, and nobody had to be admitted to the hospital (or the morgue) with a gunshot wound but still, I will hardly be able to forget that policeman's name. When I'm old, demented and unable to remember my own name, my children's names, my address and date of birth, I'll still be muttering his name under my fiery breath. Oh yes, I will...

So here are a selection of photos of some activities featuring some people (I'm hardly going to display my entire family online, am I? They deserve some privacy. And the weirdos out there don't need to know about them either). Other activities, like dinner at fish&co with the cousins, I have no photos of - because everybody thought everybody else was bringing a camera!


Chris, Minz, Freda, Cui, Sheena & Boon
@ The Balcony

------------------------------

Minz & Bro @ Crystal Jade Vivocity
(First event of the evening)



And then on to the second meeting

Christmas Gift Exchange @ The Canary, Clarke Quay

Back (L-R): Shu Min, Cui, Jon, Freda
Front (L-R): Minz, Yuhan, Boon, Sheena












And finally, the 3rd part of the evening...

Tau Huay @ Geylang

with Jon & Terence



------------------------------


Christmas Eve itself was spent at Raffles The Plaza attending Ern & Kris' wedding dinner. Photos were taken by professional photographers but I haven't seen them yet! I've only got photos of the post-dinner clubbing @ New Asia Bar. Terrible music, lots of Caucasian party-bodies, very strange mix of people and - get this - $40 cover charge (it's Christmas Eve after all).

Absolutely insane.

I almost shook my head in disapproval at all the people there.

$40 to get in to mix around with an odd assortment of people.

And listen to rubbish music.

If I had paid, I would have felt terribly cheated.

But because I didn't pay, I left 20mins later

without feeling absolutely stupid.

A fool and his money etc etc...


Jeremy (who flew back from Oz to attend the dinner)
& Jeff, Ern's best man.



Mins, Sey Ing, Danlin & Reo


The ice-man at the door!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heys babe!! So sorry I didn't had a chance to catch up with you while you were back home =D