Thursday, December 01, 2005

Making Up by Being Nice

So I wasn’t nice the day before yesterday.

Decided to make it up by being nicer yesterday.

The time of the phone call (pre-dinner, mid-dinner or post-dinner) also made a difference. The night before, it was pre-dinner. Last night, it was mid-dinner-1-spoonful-away-from-post-dinner. So my mood was considerably better last night.

Selected excerpts from our conversation:

Him: *sounding happy to the point of delirium* I think I’m dyslexic.
Me: Why?
Him: Don't know? But I seriously think I’m mildly dyslexic.
Me: Don’t anyhow diagnose yourself with nonsense.
Him: *still sounding super hyper and happy* Really!
Me: *wondering if he’s high on something* Oh please, if anything, I don’t think you’re dyslexic. I think you’re more likely to be mentally disordered.

------------------------------

Him: What does it mean when she says she has too many commitments?
Me: At her age?!! What does she have? A home mortgage, a car loan, study loan, or overdraft?
Him: No no. Can you not be a toot?
Me: Haha...As soon as you give me the Oxford definition of what a toot is, then I’ll try not to be one.
Him: …

------------------------------

Me: Maybe you should have just told her the truth. She might appreciate the honesty and think what a man you are.
Him: No, I just kept silent.
Me: WHAT?! That’s not very manly!
Him: What can I say? She said everything already so I had nothing to say.
Me: And you’re going to be a lawyer. Well done.

------------------------------

Him: He finds her annoying.
Me: Maybe she is.
Him: No, no. She’s not, I’m sure.
Me: You’re so smitten by her, you probably miss it.
Him: You mean I like annoying girls?
Me: No.
Him: Or maybe it’s because I’m more annoying than her, that’s why.
Me: Most likely. Haha...
Him: Wah lao. You never miss an opportunity to insult me right!

------------------------------

It was great! Our friendship’s back to “normal” again. Whatever “normal” means, in this case...

No comments: