Saturday, December 17, 2005

Snow... Loads of It!!!

Julia (my flatmate from Germany, if you remember) had her birthday party when I was away on attachment.

But she was nice enough to make sure I didn't miss out on her signature cocktail so she made it specially again last night.


Yes, we are well aware that cocktails are not meant to be served in mugs.

Oh nevermind.


Mug = More volume than those tiny martini/margarita glasses

Stephanie and I very happy with our cocktail-in-a-mug. =)

------------------------------

It was snowing heavily yesterday...

I walked through the door after a trip to town and Julia said: Wait! Stop there! I want to take a photo of a snowman!

Later that evening, Julia's friend had to alight from the bus he was on and walk the rest of the way home because the bus services just stopped running due to safety reasons.

So it is a wonder that I woke up this morning and didn't even bother looking out of the window. It cannot be that I am not fascinated with snow. Impossible! This is my first experience with snow! Haha... It's only because all the blinds in the flat were down that I FORGOT about the snow the previous evening. Ya noe... out of sight, out of mind.

I was kindly reminded though and promptly looked out of the window in my room...


Absolutely beautiful.

Can you feel the serenity of such a view?

Alas, it scene is not to be preserved!

Soon after...


Like I mentioned above, I am fascinated by snow...

I'm eager to explore this unfamiliar (to me, at least) aspect of Nature.

Stephanie's got evidence of that.

She captured me on camera...

*Photo courtesy of Stephanie

And she says: see the Singaporean? She goes out in the snow in flip-flops!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG... I wish it was snowing this heavy in Durham now!

Anonymous said...

No. You can't really mean that...
How's the rule in your fortress? Has anyone tried to stone you again?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... If they tried again, I'll probably stone them as well... Having said that... the girl whom they were looking for knocked loudly on my door at 8 am in the morning... That stupid girl had the audacity to remain at my door after knocking... and so she experienced my wrath... hahahahaha... Not very gentle with the girls, am I? Well, call them b*****s instead... =)

Anonymous said...

What did she want with you? Apologize? Anyway, it wasn't HER fault... it was the guys' fault! What did you say to her?