Sunday, December 04, 2005

Photos of Glasgow...

Here are some of the photos I took when I went (alone... so adventurous, hoh?) to Glasgow last weekend. The Met Station said there would be "snow over the weekend" so I was expecting the worst. But it didn't happen! Ok, so the weather was not great but I still got to see Glasgow.

But perhaps it was the weather, or maybe because Christmas is round the corner and there were so many people in the crowded street, that I didn't quite enjoy myself. That's shocking because I always thought of myself as a city girl (oh come on, where did I grow up?) so when I feel more comfortable in Aberdeen (even more so than in Edinburgh) and when I feel very very comfortable in quiet Irvine (with all the cows), it is a bit worrying...

Hopefully, I will find another opportunity to go back to Glasgow sometime and give it a 2nd chance before I say for sure whether I like it or not...

On the train to Glasgow...


Rather nice weather yes?

Glasgow Train Station


Glasgow's Main Street - Buchanan Street


Weather does not look so good anymore...

At the middle of the Buchanan Street

Look right...


Now, look left...


Is it crowded or what?!!!

Decided not to sqeeze with everyone else in the shops.

Even if I see something I like and want to buy it, I'll probably queue at the cashier's till tomorrow.

Shall go to a place that has very few people.














Museum

Culture vs Shopping

Shopping wins.

There was hardly anybody in the Museum.

"Media Bucchanalia" - 1995

The artist, Masami Teraoka feels that "media hype has replaced wise in this riotous frenzy"


"Kerb Study with Metal Edge" - 1985

By the Boyle Family who are famous for their 3D art.

Beautiful Architecture in Glasgow




Then I saw something interesting...


FAMILIAR LEH!!!

Trying to find out what building this is, I looked around.

Instead, I saw policemen standing around.


Yes, around the world, policemen stand around to ensure security.

Do you feel safer?

You should.

I think that's the point of them standing around.

*smile*

The event?

Glasgow Campaign to Welcome Refugees.

Yes! It is a demonstration!

The guy in the middle was talking about "Pakistanis", "Iraq", "war", "refugees", "human rights" etc etc...

I didn't stay long to hear the whole speech.

I was distracted by children's music in the background and went to explore.

Less than 200m away...


Outdoor Ice-Skating Rink!

Part of a carnival that had loads of children's rides.

Ok, having seen enough for the day, it's time to go home...


Weather's not great anyway...

Last interesting sight of the day?

Illegal DVD stalls are not unique to Singapore!

No comments: