Saturday, January 14, 2006

Conversation of the Week...

I was having a conversation with a friend yesterday and she suddenly asked me:

How often do you wash your bathroom?

Strange topic, and the fact that I don’t technically have a “bathroom” as such (I have a small shower “dish” that’s like 2 by 2 feet) aside, I told her:

Once a month

For some even more bizarre reason (bizarre was when she asked me that question in the first place), she started to tell me that I should wash it more often…

Friend: Just like my mother! She washes our bathroom once a week!

Me: Ok. But that’s your mother… not me.

Friend: But it would be cleaner!

Me: Ah, wait. Wash more often doesn’t mean it’s cleaner, ya noe? Hospital toilets are washed everyday (maybe even more than once a day) but I don’t consider them cleaner than my own toilet at home.

------------------------------

It’s kindda more dependent on the number of ppl using and how they use it. Like for that friend, there are 4 people in her household.

That’s 4 ppl using 1 bathroom for 7 days = 28 times that the bathroom’s been used. This is assuming that each person uses it once a day. Bathing more than once a day is alright. Bathing less than once a day is also normal. In some tribe. Somewhere in the world… but that’s not the issue here.

I’m 1 person using 1 “bathroom” for 7 days x 4 weeks = 28 times.

SAME WHAT!!!

------------------------------

Anyway, THAT was the conversation of this week.

BECAUSE…

Everybody else is talking about

RAIN.

So much so that 8 hours and 10834km (6733 miles) away, I know that:

It’s been raining practically non-stop for the longest time ever,

The last time Singapore saw the sun was on Friday, and before that, on Monday,

Turf Club races were cancelled,

There is soil erosion on Bukit Timah Hill, and that

Vegetable prices have gone up.

------------------------------

I don't know what is scarier

Me knowing what's actually going on in Singapore

or

everybody talking about rain.

No comments: