Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Trainspotting & THE Johnny Cash Movie...

Night out last friday was to

His Majesty's Theatre

to watch

Trainspotting



I can't remember the time I watched a play?

The last play I actually wanted very much to watch was

The Physicist

(I think that's the name...)

but I never got to watch it!

Trainspotting

had wonderfully real actors
(and the Scottish accent! OMG!)

and used their very few and simple props so cleverly!

Being about drugs, junkies, and psychos,

it was a dark play which grew gradually darker

and eventually ended pitch-black.

Shocking.

Savage.

Honest.

Funny.

Brilliant.

Now I have to watch the movie and read the book.

------------------------------

Have you heard about the Johnny Cash movie yet?

Neither had I...

Until last Saturday.

I didn't even know who Johnny Cash was!

Not my generation!


U.S. Release Date:
18th November 2005

U.K. Release Date:
Not Yet Known

Singapore Release Date:
???

The movie chronicles the life of Johnny Cash

from his pre-fame days

to his rise to be a Country music Legend.

------------------------------


Stop reading here

if you don't want to know any more

before you watch the movie!


------------------------------







In the process, his marriage broke down

and when he dabbled with drugs,

his life practically went to hell.

Had a happy ending but

Country's not my kindda music,

and Walk the Line is not my kindda movie...

------------------------------

I almost walked away from the movie twice.

Once, early on in the show

because the beginning was real slow...

The second time was because

of a particularly disturbing scene...

It was a scene where Johnny Cash was having an argument

with his wife (soon to be ex-wife)

The argument progressed to a point where

he had her pinned to the ground.


The camera panned off to the side

to focus on their children

who were standing in the hallway

watching in fear...

and crying.



Nothing overtly violent.

But, still...

physically aggressive.



Not acceptable.

At all.

You hear that, guys?



Disturbing...

No comments: