Sunday, November 20, 2005

A Break from the World

I had a couple of those days…

The kind of days that used to piss my friends off when I was in Singapore…

I don’t go on MSN

I don’t answer phone calls

I don’t reply to SMS-es

I’m simply uncontactable.

I don’t exist on days like that.



The world continues to revolve.

With or without me.

But I’m not bothered.

I need to be alone.


I did not speak to anyone these 2 days, except for a single “thank you” when I paid for a purchase...

This weekend was for me.

I organized my files on the laptop.

I put up a new very egocentric desktop photo.

I did my laundry.

And I did something I have not done in a long time.

I played “Minesweeper” on Windows.

I can’t remember when I last played.

As a result, I have new “Best Times”

Beginner: 7seconds
Intermediate: 37seconds
Expert: 130seconds

Very bo liao.

But a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

I feel rejuvenated and refreshed.

I’m ready to go out and meet the world again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometime in life we need to withdraw into our small little private world to reorganize our thoughts or life. After such withdraw we normally get refreshed from it. Take care my dear sis!!!

Anonymous said...

The above msg is left by me lah. Philip Ong.....

Anonymous said...

i like (like alot alot) shutting myself out from the world, plus pissing off everyone too. haha, im trying to get below 100 seconds for expert level! yeah, chill.

Minz said...

Haha... jf, we got something in common! But I don't do it to piss everyone off.. Haha...like I will admit here, even if I do =P WTH, you got 100sec as your best time?!!

Minz said...

Oh yes, Mr Ong. You would understand because you're in this caring business too... =)

Anonymous said...

i started with selective shutoff dates. but somehow it evolved into selective startup dates. nay, i havent hit 100 yet. my best score is 104.

Minz said...

Wah lao... 104 is scary enough. Ok, I'm inspired to keep playing now... HUNDRED AND FOUR! Piangz...