Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sub-zero Temperatures!

The cold and dark has finally caught up with us here!

It gets dark (or as my supervisor's son says, "The sun goes to sleep") at 4:30pm.

But I don't mind. I've always been a bit (ok, understatement) of a night owl and I had to stay up till 3am before I got enough of the night and go to bed. But now, I get more of the night so I can go to sleep at a decent time of 11pm...

Yesterday, it was 0 degrees (I don't believe! I think it was much colder!) and today it's -1! No wonder they've got the salt and grit all scattered across the road... I haven't actually seen snow though... Reports from Aberdeen (Elli provides personal reports) say that it has snowed up there... Oh well, I'll just have to wait for my chance...

Cars parked along the side of the road has got a thin layer of ice on it and I saw "black ice" for the first time today! I've come across it in books before and it's no big deal really. Just ice on the road that appears black because of the tar. It's dangerous because it looks like a puddle of water but your car could actually skid. Anyway, like I said, it's really no big deal... But it's just great to see and learn something new everyday.

Tonight's temperature is supposed to dip as low as -6. So I'm going to head back asap and keep myself warm under the covers!

Cheerios!

No comments: