Monday, November 21, 2005

I've An Angel As My Supervisor!

I woke up this morning, bright and early and ready to face another work week. Walked into the kitchen only to come face to face with a...

RAT

I was shocked into inaction. But even if I wasn't, I wouldn't know what to do.

Firstly, it's not everyday that I come face to face with a rat. And secondly, what DO you do?

Stomp on it until the guts spill all over the floor?

A bit messy for early in the morning, don't you think?

Shout at it to "go!"?

Stare each other out?

Fortunately, I think the rat is more experienced in "social encounters" with the human kind so it knew what it had to do.

It ran away.

Ah, ok. At least it saved me the problem of thinking what to do with/to it.

Anyway, I casually mentioned to my supervisor about my rat-ty encounter when I got to work. Within 2 minutes, she was on the phone to the hospital's Domestic Supervisor about the problem and promptly got back to me with the assurance that the pest control would be in within the day.

We then left the office and got into her car to start our home visits of the day. In the car, she handed me a small portable TV "just so you wouldn't be bored in the evenings".

At this point, I could run up a long list of super-positive adjectives to describe her but sometimes, less really is more.

WHAT AN ANGEL!!!

No comments: