Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Life is Full of Decisions

The pest control company came by yesterday and got back to us saying that they could not find any trace of the rat.

What did I say about rats being sneaky?

The pest control company left bait for it.

Rat food... Yummy...

I felt scared to go to sleep though. There was quite a large gap beneath the wooden door of my room. Images of the rat running into my room and onto my face kept coming to my mind. Maybe it would run in and bite my nose? Or chew on my ear? Disgusting...

I decided I had to do something to get peace of mind so I could sleep and after a while, finally settled on...

Stuffing plastic bags under the gap of the door

It's so stupid I can't believe I'm telling you this... My reasoning is that if the rat wanted to come in, it would have to bite or push through the plastic bag to get in right? And supposedly, the rustling of the plastic bag would wake me up... Haha...

Ok, dumb idea.

But it worked.

It gave me my peace of mind and I managed to get a night's sleep.

Then this morning, I dreaded going into the kitchen. But there was no observable difference to the bait.

I can't decide whether I'm happy that I didn't have to face a dead rat on the floor in the morning or whether I'm upset that the sneaky rodent is still lurking somewhere around...

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

------------------------------

Just a random funny incident.

I was coming back from work on the bus and at one of the bus-stops, a guy carrying crutches came down the stairs from the upper deck. Instinctively, I thought that was strange because he was carrying them, not using them. But then, he could be transporting them for whatever reason.

Then just as he alighted from the bus, there was a second guy that hopped down the stairs, hopped down the bus and hopped after the first guy shouting, "Hey, hey, hey come back!"

They were obviously friends. But it was quite a funny sight, don't you imagine?

I've been laughing a lot recently. Don't know why...

It could be that the people here are funny... It could be life here is less stressful so laughter comes more easily... And yeah, it could just be that I'm going crazy. Right.

------------------------------

Since I've been to Scotland, I've only met 1 other Singaporean - a lady that works in my university. I was beginning to feel like Dwarf Blue Sheep, a very rare sight.

But I think... I think there is another Singaporean here in this tiny rural town, right here in this hospital.

I think it's a guy...

I'll go investigate to find out more. Then I'll tell you the why and the how...

No comments: