Friday, November 25, 2005

A Letter to Santa...

Dear Santa,

It’s exactly one month to Christmas! The shops are all filled to the brim and are selling lovely decorations and toys! I’m so tempted to buy them all but I know they are not made by you or your elves. These manufacturers have just stolen your designs and mass produced it for sale without even paying you royalties. Piracy is theft! And so I do not buy those decorations and toys…

I know that you're a super busy man and if you're like the rest of us, you probably do things last minute too. So, to save you time, I'll just tell you how I’ve been a real good girl this year.

  1. I’ve attended all my lecturers since uni started, except for one day where I was so stressed about the arrangements for my placement that I could not bring myself to crawl out of bed to go to class. But you would understand that everyone has some of these days, wouldn’t you?

  2. I have not fallen out with any of my friends and did not scold anybody that didn’t deserve it.

  3. I did not make any racist remarks, on my blog or otherwise, either.

  4. I know I still spend too much money but now I have a valid reason: the cost of living here is higher.

  5. I did stop making donations to a certain organization because I thought it wasn’t fair that they had a gold tap and I didn’t. Yes, life is unfair. But I don’t see why I should make it more unfair than it already is. The money I would have donated is now used to partially fund my phone bill. I think it’s reasonable considering I’m so far away and do need to keep in touch with friends and family. It’s a better use of my money, I think.

I’m not asking for a lot, Santa. Given the little time I have for holidays, I know it’s not worth going back to Singapore. So I’m going to London instead. It will be an exciting time for me but what I’ll be missing would be the annual Christmas dinner and gift exchange that I have with a group of close friends. I’ll miss them all… but I will just have to wait for next year.

Every year, I walk down Orchard Road to look at the Christmas lights. I’m not a kid anymore so the magical feeling I used to experience has diminished somewhat. Still, there is an ambience of warmth and cheer. So what I would like this year, Santa, are photos of the Christmas lights in town as well as of the decorations that the various shopping centres put up at the entrance. Perhaps you could take aerial photos whilst you are traveling through the skies in your sleigh with your reindeers?

I know you’ll deliver, Santa. I’ll be waiting patiently…

Love,
Mae
xxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a cute letter!!

If u dun mind my poor photo-taking skills, I will be happy to be ur Santa for this yr(ie.take pictures of pretty orchard for u =) )

But Santa isn't all that nice actually. She requires sth in exchange. She requires you to email her some pictures that you took in London, showing her the Christmas life in London. And also take pictures with whoever u r at that time.(if possible, take pictures with ur 2 monkeys, Matthew and CJ)

How's that?? =)

Anonymous said...

Did Olivia just call me a monkey? Man... I am so proud of myself...

Minz said...

Hiya Olli! I'll be glad to give you the photos of my weekend with CJ. I'm not meeting the 2 of them together. It's a long story but basically they are abandoning me to go back to Singapore. Anyway, I'll be seeing CJ 2 weekends from now... so the photos will come soon after! =) Thanx!

Anonymous said...

just testing the computer nerd is live no more Mae to educate me !!!

Anonymous said...

I miss my PA !! +
Friend, and Ross wants to know "where's Mae?" the cute little 2 year old who even though I say it myself is gorgeous. Mae you be proud of me I'm in the suregery someones got chips (I can smell them) and Its not me I'm going swimming !! you should have sent me this website instead of an introductory letter, much more fun.
Take care. Mr and Mrs Ong your daughters a star !