Thursday, October 27, 2005

Belonephobia

I experienced a moment of madness sometime last week.

I am going to have to pay for that tomorrow.

For some unfathomable reason, I had gone to arrange a medical appointment to take my shots tomorrow: Polio, Meningitis C and Flu vaccination.

3 seperate shots. At the same time.

I asked if they could give an all-in-1 and the nurses said no but I still went ahead to confirm the appointment (I think I felt very brave then. Now, I realise it was simply craziness).

In case you still don't know, "Belonephobia" is needlephobia.

The last time I had a shot (probably 3 years ago), I think I buried my face in Adeline's abdomen and screamed... *shivers* Bad memories...

Ewwwww.......


I wonder who will be more traumatized: myself? or the nurses?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Minz,

In life, u gonna learn to psycho yourself a lil'.

Needle.
It pierces... it causes pain.
And blood may ooze out should it be a lousy-taken shot.

U picture these even b4 u have undergone the process.

How about adding the following to e above pictures?
1)Temporary pain, that inevitable acute pain doesn't last > 5s.
2)The shots do not end your life.
3)U need what's inside those shots, they're necessary for the body's immunity against the injurious prokaryotes

Pain - the extent of it determined by how much the brain learns to deal with it.

In life,
The greatest pain doesn't come physically.
Emotional ones, they are far more excruciating.
A weak mind only serves to perpetuate e pain.

It's all about Mind over body.

Control pain,
before it does so on you.

Anonymous said...

wow, thats deep man