Friday, October 14, 2005

Simple Yet Not So Simple

How many of you liked my blog entry yesterday? Personally, I LOVED IT! So those of you who loved it too, good on you! I think it’s the most brilliant entry I have ever written since I first started the blog because:
  1. It saves time: Requires absolutely no need for my imagination to work to present something interesting/creative. I just have to reproduce my timetable online.
  2. Un-offensive: No need for ratings, suitable for all ages.

    Honestly, how can ANYBODY find the previous entry offensive? No mention of race, religion, politics. It’s the least offensive entry so far, I think. Unlike the previous entries that may unknowingly offend others…

    I give you an example - You know how sometimes I talk about Aberdeen? Maybe the Aberdeen Council not happy? Maybe they are thinking, “Eh, why this foreigner come and display photos of Aberdeen like this? We work so hard to tell people that Aberdeen is the Granite City. Everywhere is grey and all we get is cold winds from the North Sea, then she come and post photos of Aberdeen looking bright, cheery and fun!”
  3. Satisfies the voyeuristic nature of humans: "Voyeur" - An obsessive observer of sordid or sensational subjects (There, I saved you a click to dictionary.com).

    aka KAYPOH

    And everybody is a kaypoh right? We were all interested when, how, why Princess Diana died, we all kept up with the news of the NKF saga, when the newspaper talked about SPG’s blog, woah… visitors to her site increased dramatically. Autobiographies sell like hot-cakes because everybody wants a glimpse into the lives of others.

    Observers of our own lives, we are not.
    Observers of other people’s lives, we are.
    Judges of our own lives and lifestyles, we are not.
    Judges of other people’s lives and lifestyles, we are.


    So, the entry of 1 day in my life, knowing exactly what I did (nevermind if it’s not entirely true or accurate) would satisfy this innate human need. I think Maslow’s Hierachy of Needs may need to be revised to include this. (Eh, by the way ah.. when I provide links, it DOES NOT mean I agree/condone what the author said/did ok? Most times, I don’t even know the guy who wrote it. For example, I can link THIS but I assure you I don’t know who wrote it and he/she DID NOT bribe me to promote his/her article. But it’s not my place to judge. I only provide links coz it vaguely relates to what I’m talking about. And I usually give warnings or word of caution if I think it is controversial. It’s up to you whether you want to heed the warning and take it from there or not. For goodness sake, don’t see link only click can? I bet many of you clicked the link above without knowing what it is. THINK THINK THINK before you click. Whether you want to read or not? Maybe there’s something horrible waiting for you on the link? Maybe got virus?! Simple thing like this, I tot don’t need to say…)

Anyway, agree with me that it was my best entry or not? Yeah, keep watching this space and reading this blog for more entries like that ok?

BUT, if you think that my previous entry was boring and utterly meaningless, that my previous entries were so much better and you almost fell out of your chair in shock that my standard of writing has dropped, please do not worry. Although you are weird (I think most people actually enjoyed my previous entry leh…) and are part of a minority, I will cater for you too…

Now, logistically, it’s gonna be a nightmare. The blog will look like 2 different blogs written by 2 different people for 2 different target audiences meshed into 1.

So, I have an *~I.D.E.A~*.

Separate them.

Have 2 different blogs.


Yeah, I know this is not perfect. We should not segregate people based on their preferences blah blah.. We should encourage social integration etc etc.. but at this point in time, this is my best only option.

If you think you will enjoy (a concept quite different from “tolerate”) my new blog which will be written in the style similar to all my previous entries before last (demonstrate some self-awareness here please), take the test below...

It's a simple but not so simple quiz – simple coz only 3 questions and all answers are either AGREE or DISAGREE. Not so simple coz it asks for YOUR opinion. I know, quite hard. Because from young already your teachers, neighbours, government, newspapers etc give you your opinion… now suddenly ask you to come up with it yourself, it’s quite challenging. If you’re up to the challenge, please proceed.

  1. All blogs are sinister.
  2. There are people watching you, your blog, the things you say etc for the first chance to catch you doing something wrong and get you into trouble.
  3. All words in RED, like “Warning” and “Caution” are evil and therefore I do not read them.

Now count the number of "AGREE"s and e-mail me your exact results. Be honest.

0: Congrats. Please email me when I announce I have a new blog and I will give you the URL.

1-2: Why did you even take the test? Did I not mention self-awareness? I think you better stick to this blog about me and my time-table.

3: Proceed here for a more detailed analysis.

A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with people, of getting things done.

-Dwight D. Eisenhower-

No comments: