Sunday, October 30, 2005

Freak-fest 2005

Last night was the annual Halloween Party (aka freak-fest) that was held in the common room of my hostel. Complete with decorations that were in line with the event and a soundtrack of people screaming, ghostly laughter and high-pitched shrills.


I was there with Elli and Steph (my flatmates) and the original plan was to all go as witches. Yah yah, not very original but we are STUDENTS alright? Our first priority is our studies! (Hahah...I'm very good at this "model answer" thing).

Steph & Elli

As you can see, Steph did not go as a witch in the end. She was very ill with the flu... so we decided to let her off the hook. She went as an "American Teenager" instead. If you think that an "American Teenager" is not scary, let me suggest to you that George Bush was once an "American Teenager". Does that give you a new perspective now?

Elli braved the mother of all headaches and still went as a witch. To further introduce Elli to all of you, I shall tell you about a typical conversation we seem to be having almost daily lately:

Elli: These are crisps.


Minz: No. These are potato chips. They are chips.

Elli: No! Crisps. Chips are the ones that have to be cooked.

Minz: No! Those are FRIES.

The cross-cultural education continues...

Back to the highlights of the freak-fest...

Junior witches have to learn to "Serve One Another"

-------------------------------


"Father" Roger with a piece of garlic round his neck.

Sidetrack: He was actually a pastor for 2 years sometime back! BUT, I have to add that I'm quite sure the church would NOT approve of his behaviour last night...

F.Roger: The paintwork on the cross is still a bit wet. I only painted it this afternoon.

Elli: Were you planning to come as a Father?

F.Roger: Yes.

Elli: Then why didn't you paint the cross earlier?

Minz: Because he thought God would provide...

------------------------------

That's me talking to the "rat" on Grant's shoulder.

Can you guess what his costume is about?

Grant was introduced to me at a most unfortunate time... I was just getting tired of people asking me where I was from.

Grant: So where are you from?

Minz: Aberdeen *smile*

Grant: Really? Wow...

Minz: Yeah, do I not look and sound like I'm from Aberdeen?

Yes, I was horrible.

BUT I WAS A WITCH!

I HAD TO ACT LIKE A WITCH!

Ok, now I'll tell you what his costume was...

He was a "Pi-rat"

At first, I thought it was the famous Scottish accent and he was a "pirate"...

But I was wrong...

"PI-RAT" was right... Literally...

Get it?

-----------------------------

More photos of some of the other "better dressed"...

I cannot tell you more about them because I have no clue who they are...

It's very hard to recognize bloody people.



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

*eT* said...

oooh.. sexy witch..