Saturday, October 15, 2005

Dream Interpretation & My Problem...

Before I start about my problem, let me share the good news...

People have been very cooperative, e-mailing me their results and comments for the “simple yet not so simple” quiz since yesterday.

62 people scored 0.
11 people scored 1.
1 person scored 3, and boy, was she fierce! She emailed me to scold me because she said my entire blog was against her!!

Interestingly, the 11 people who scored 1 went on to explain that they did not enjoy my previous entries and the S.T.R.A.N.G.E thing was ALL of them scored 1 because of the SAME question! ALL on Question 3!



Mystery solved!

No woooonder….. Because never read “WARNINGS” and “CAUTION” then in the end proceed to read whatever was after that, only to discover it is offensive…

So, suddenly I have ANOTHER solution based on the interesting results of the quiz. I think this is better than my previous solution of having another blog. This would safe me the trouble of opening another account, thinking hard of another URL, another blog name, redesigning another blog, directing people to my new blog etc etc…

My PERFECT solution is: Instead of having 2 different blogs to cater to 2 different groups of readers, from now on, I will have the ENTIRE (not just the cautions/warnings) controversial/potentially offensive content in RED… Oops, sorry, RED (now can see or not?).

Get it? Clever hoh?

------------------------------------------------------------

Now I can start talking about my problem...

This is SERIOUS.

Since I've been here, I have had nightmares EVERYNIGHT (or at least I don't remember NOT having had nightmares the next morning). I was talking to Kee Ming about it and he told me "This is bad for your mental health"

I agree.

So now, I'm looking for a solution...

Anyway, let me tell you about the nightmare I had 2 nights ago:

I was sitting in the park with 2 friends, KK and DT, one sunny afternoon having a sandwich when an owl suddenly swooped down upon me. I felt a slight scratchy feeling at the back of my head and then I saw the owl flying away... with a piece of my brain and parts of my bloody scalp…

I stood up and tried to walk, then realized that I had difficulty coordinating my hands and my feet and that I couldn’t walk straight or steadily. At this moment, it dawned on me that the owl flew away with my cerebellum.

Strange or not?!??!!?

I was so horrified that I actually went online to check what the dream means (I usually don’t do things like dream interpretation, psychic readings, palm readings etc so this really is quite unusual behavior for me).

Kee Ming also said that the internet is not always reliable because they are not peer-reviewed. Yes yes, they are also not published in respected journals, do not provide references, nor are they cited in other articles. Their methodology is probably flawed as well.

But I was too freaked out to care.

And this was what I found:

Afternoon – To see a warm and pleasant afternoon in your dream, foretells of long-lasting friendships.

Owl –To see an owl in your dream, symbolizes wisdom, insight and virtue. The owl is also synonymous with death and darkness.

Brain – To dream of your brain, suggests that you are under severe intellectual stress. It may also symbolize your problem-solving abilities and that you need to put those abilities to use. Alternatively, it may imply that your ideas are not receiving enough attention and validation. You are concerned that your knowledge and teachings are not be transmitted clearly.

Friends – To see your friends in your dream, signifies aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to integrate these rejected part of yourself. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Additionally, this symbol foretells of happy tidings from them and the arrival of good news.

Walk – To dream that you have difficulties walking, indicates that you are reluctant and hesitant in proceeding forward in some situation. You may also be trying to distance yourself from certain life experiences. The difficulty in walking is a reflection of your current situation and the obstacles that you are experiencing.

I can understand the information seperately but I have absolutely no clue what it means as a gestalt...

How ah?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Hokkien, very simple: MAI LIAO SI GAN! But having said that... your dream is quite odd!!!

Minz said...

Yes, very good. Now that you can speak hokkien, let's progress to Cantonese, shall we?